In this comprehensive guide, we will cover everything you need to know about using PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils, a popular, cost-effective method for repelling mosquitoes in outdoor settings. We will delve into what they are, how they work, how to use them safely and effectively, as well as their pros and cons.
To use PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils, separate the two coils in a disc, place a coil on the stand, and light the outer end until it glows. Position the coils 6-10 feet apart in the area you want to protect, such as a patio or picnic area. Each coil burns for about 5-7 hours, and should be replaced as needed. Use the coils safely by keeping them out of reach of children and pets, avoiding contact with eyes or clothing, and using them only in outdoor areas with little or no breeze.
What are PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils?
PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils are a type of insect repellent designed to help repel mosquitoes in confined outdoor areas where there is little or no breeze. These coils are made from a mix of substances, including insecticides like pyrethroids or plant-derived substances such as citronella. When the end of the coil is lit, it slowly burns and emits smoke that repels mosquitoes and other flying pests for several hours.
How do PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils work?
PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils work by discouraging mosquitoes from hanging around but do not kill them or their larvae. The smoke released from the coils contains repellent substances that make the area less attractive to mosquitoes. However, the effectiveness of mosquito coils can be influenced by factors such as wind, which can cause the smoke to drift away and leave the area unprotected.
How to Use PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils
Here are the steps to properly set up and use PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils:
- Separate the coils: Each disc consists of two coils. To separate them, hold the disc with both hands and shake lightly or gently pry them apart.
- Place the coil on the stand: Insert the top of the coil stand into the slot in the comma-shaped end of the coil.
- Light the coil: Light the outer end of the coil until it’s glowing. Blow out any flame and avoid touching the glowing end.
- Position the coils: Place the coils 6-10 feet apart around the area you want to protect. They are most effective in confined outdoor areas with little or no breeze, such as patios, porches, picnic areas, and campsites.
- Burn time: Each coil burns for approximately 5-7 hours. Replace the coils as needed to maintain mosquito repellent coverage.
While using PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils, you should follow these safety precautions:
- Use the coils only in outdoor confined areas where there is little or no breeze.
- Keep the coils out of reach of children and domestic animals.
- Avoid contact with eyes or clothing, and wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling the coils.
- Do not use the coils in closed rooms. If used in frequented rooms or bedrooms, ensure proper ventilation before use.
- Do not keep the coils in contact with tissues, paper, or any other flammable materials.
- Place one coil every 10 feet in the area you want to protect, and place additional Mosquito Coil Burners 6-10 feet apart.
- After touching the product, wash your hands with plenty of water and soap.
Effectiveness of PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils
PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils are generally effective at repelling mosquitoes in outdoor settings. However, their effectiveness can be limited by factors such as wind, which can blow the smoke away, reducing their protective coverage. It is recommended to use mosquito coils in combination with topical insect repellents for the best protection.
Potential Negative Effects or Concerns
Despite their effectiveness, there are potential negative impacts associated with the use of PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils. These include incomplete protection, indoor air pollution, health risks, and ineffectiveness in windy conditions. It is recommended to use mosquito coils judiciously and in combination with other preventive measures for better protection.
In conclusion, PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils can be a helpful tool in your fight against mosquitoes. However, they should be used judiciously, in combination with other mosquito control measures, and always with safety in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils indoors?
No, PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils are designed for outdoor use only. If used indoors, they can cause air pollution and pose health risks.
How long does one PIC Mosquito Repellent Coil last?
Each PIC Mosquito Repellent Coil burns for approximately 5-7 hours. The burn time can vary based on environmental conditions.
Can I use PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils around my pets?
It’s recommended to keep the coils out of reach of domestic animals. The smoke can be harmful if inhaled directly, so it’s best to keep pets away from the burning coils.
Can wind affect the effectiveness of PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils?
Yes, wind can cause the smoke from the coils to drift away, which can reduce their protective coverage. It’s recommended to use the coils in confined outdoor areas with little to no breeze for maximum effectiveness.
Are PIC Mosquito Repellent Coils harmful to humans?
While generally safe for use around humans, contact with the eyes or skin should be avoided. If contact occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water. Always ensure to wash your hands after handling the coils.